Ludden & Mennekes’ SPS range of portable Screw Compactors are high quality German built machines. These machines are particularly effective at crushing and compacting cardboard articles, one-way pallets, returned goods, dried foods and other waste materials where a measure of product destruction is required.
The SPS range are used in places where large quantities of residual material and recyclable raw material must be highly compacted before transport.
The highly effective compaction system ensures maximum payloads are achieved on a wide range of waste types. This therefore offers users improvements to their operational efficiency along with the highest possible reductions to transport costs and carbon footprint.
The SPS compactor is suitable for continuous loading of residual waste, organic waste and wet waste. Additionally, depending on configuration, it can be used for large-size paper and cardboard articles as well as PET.
Fitted as standard, a central lubrication system with adjustable interval automatically lubricates all required moving parts and enormously reduces the maintenance required.
With container sizes ranging from 16 and 26m3, the SPS portable screw compactor offers high performance, small footprint and low maintenance.
As an integral portable unit the SPS requires a lower upfront investment than the alternative SVS static model and its bespoke containers.
The SPS is fitted with a 5.5kW motor, pre-full and full warnings, auto-reverse when full and direct drive geared motor. With its freely programmable PLC and central greasing system, the machine is ideally suited to a range of filling options.
Due to its electric motor drive and no use of hydraulics, the SPS compactor is ideal for use in sensitive environments.
As standard, all SPS compactors have:
- Control cabinet, including control unit in compaction direction on the right side
- Remote control
- Operating hours counter in the control cabinet
- Freely programmable PLC control
- Automatic central lubrication system with electronic monitoring
- Times can be set
- Automatic reversing with full message
- Frequency converter
- Surface painted including corrosion protection class C3
- On/Off main switch (lockable with optional padlock) on the control cabinet
- Fault/Reset illuminated push-button (red) on the control cabinet and remote control
- Emergency Stop push-button on the control cabinet and remote control
- Screw On/Retour rotary selector switch on the remote control
- 75% full indicator lamp (yellow) on the remote control
- 100% full indicator lamp (red) on the remote control