The Strautmann GigaBaler is a high quality, continuous feed, fully automatic baler, designed for installation in or outdoors. Loading large sizes and high volumes of loose materials (even cardboard pallets and octabins) is safe, quick and easy through the large 1069W x 2134L x 2000Dmm (approx) feed opening.
With 60t compaction force, a heavy duty integral destruction-rotor and a pre-press flap, the GigaBaler produces dense, euro-pallet size bales of cardboard, paper and TetraPak® cartons that typically weigh 500-550kg.
With its massive rear infeed, the GigaBaler is uniquely suited to be positioned for off-dock, through-wall, chute fed and stand-alone applications, and can be loaded by hand, bin/cage/pallet tipper, forklift tip skip, shovel/grab, extraction and conveyor.
The GigaBaler can be truly “continuously” fed. On all of our competitors’ machines, materials fill the chamber and when the ram cycles to clear them, what is still being loaded backs up in the hopper which is where bridging and jams most frequently occur. This cannot happen on the GigaBaler as the material is forced into the rotor by a hydraulic swing plate in the base of the feed chamber, allowing continuous feeding at anytime.
The GigaBaler features a number of labour-efficient, patented systems that guarantee a safe, reliable and long working life and low lifetime operating costs.
- Strautmann’s flagship fully automatic baler model
- Numerous UK installations
- Designed to run 24/7/365
- Only 1 hour per week operator cleaning schedule
- 1,000 hour full service intervals
- Rear loading position (not half way along the baler length like standard design balers) – easy to use and ideal for off dock loading
- Massive rear loading hopper (typically 4-5 x larger than standard design balers) – fast and easy to load continuously which is where most time is lost on competitor machines
- Integral shredder/destruction rotor – easily handles cardboard pallets, octabins and tri-wall boxes that jam other balers
- Pre-press flap compacts shredded material into bale chamber ensuring dense/square edge bales, reduced machine wear, faster processing and lower energy consumption
- Auto lubrication as standard – saves you the need to remember and do regular greasing which often gets missed at busy sites
- Auto wire control – warns the operator to change wire before the reel runs out – saves wire running out as no one checked (and the difficult process of re routing wire through/under baler)
- Error diagnostics – every switch and system has a code to identify faults and make troubleshooting and repairs quicker
- Optional GSM link to factory also available
- Seculock guards on all access panels – keeps you safe at all times
- Fully enclosed machine designed for use outside without additional canopy – saves you the expense of erecting a canopy as most automatic balers cannot be installed outside
- Card bales up to 550kg
- 24t UK lorry loads achieved