The LiquiDrainer® is a patented German machine designed to automatically empty filled PET bottles, cans, TetraPak® cartons, foil juice packs, etc. at rates of up to 21,000 units per hour.
The conveyor feed version can be fed with both individual and multi-pack products through its large infeed hopper, removing the need for costly and slow manual unpacking and emptying by hand. Conveyor feed allows for bulk loading of the hopper via the conveyor by forklift tip skips.
The machine can also be supplied as the rotor unit only (for integrated systems) or as a full system with a choice of bulk fed hoppers, pallet tippers, bin tippers, conveyors and pans.
Built completely from stainless steel to IP65 standards, the machine can be opened for easy and safe wash-down and cleaning.
How does it work?
Material is loaded into the LiquiDrainer® hopper, where it is pushed into a shredder rotor which perforates/slashes the bottles, cans etc. and squeezes out the liquid contents. The drained liquids run through a filter box which collects any labels etc. and then drain by gravity out of the machine.
If required, these liquids can flow straight to a drain, to the site treatment plant or they can be collected in a tank with submersible pump which feeds them into IBC containers or a silo etc. For sites processing multiple products where different liquids need to be treated separately we can also supply a diverter system so that, for example, milk goes to a silo, fizzy drinks go to an IBC and water goes to drain.
The emptied packaging is forced through an upward sloping chute which can deliver it into bins, bags, or a baler for onward processing.
- Designed 50,000 operating hour lifespan
- Easy, safe and quick to use
- Small footprint
- Frees staff for profitable work
- Removes staff from repetitive, injurious manual labour
- Proven German manufacturer
- Unique patented system
- 100s of machines supplied worldwide
- Heavy duty design, proven long life
- Fully opening for cleaning
- Large infeed aperture
- Handfed version is mobile by forklift
- Indoor or outdoor installation
- Supplied as rotor unit only, freestanding or as a full system
- Options for feeding by forklift, pallet tipper, bin tipper, conveyor etc.