The LiquiDrainer® is a patented German machine designed to automatically empty filled PET bottles, cans, TetraPak® cartons, foil juice packs, etc. at rates of up to 21,000 units per hour.
The handfed version can be fed with both individual and multi-pack products through its large infeed hopper, removing the need for costly and slow manual unpacking and emptying by hand. It is free-standing, and can be moved with a standard forktruck.
The machine can also be supplied as the rotor unit only (for integrated systems) or as a full system with a choice of bulk fed hoppers, pallet tippers, bin tippers, conveyors and pans.
Built completely from stainless steel to IP65 standards, the machine can be opened for easy and safe wash-down and cleaning.
How does it work?
Material is loaded into the LiquiDrainer® hopper, where it is pushed into a shredder rotor which perforates/slashes the bottles, cans etc. and squeezes out the liquid contents. The drained liquids run through a filter box which collects any labels etc. and then drain by gravity out of the machine.
If required, these liquids can flow straight to a drain, to the site treatment plant or they can be collected in a tank with submersible pump which feeds them into IBC containers or a silo etc. For sites processing multiple products where different liquids need to be treated separately we can also supply a diverter system so that, for example, milk goes to a silo, fizzy drinks go to an IBC and water goes to drain.
The emptied packaging is forced through an upward sloping chute which can deliver it into bins, bags, or a baler for onward processing.
- Designed 50,000 operating hour lifespan
- Easy, safe and quick to use
- Small footprint
- Frees staff for profitable work
- Removes staff from repetitive, injurious manual labour
- Proven German manufacturer
- Unique patented system
- 100s of machines supplied worldwide
- Heavy duty design, proven long life
- Fully opening for cleaning
- Large infeed aperture
- Handfed version is mobile by forklift
- Indoor or outdoor installation
- Supplied as rotor unit only, freestanding or as a full system
- Options for feeding by forklift, pallet tipper, bin tipper, conveyor etc.