Ludden & Menneke’s AS range of sealed portable compactors are high quality, German built machines, designed for sites with medium to large volumes of waste.
They are collected for transport to disposal by skip lift lorries and typically hold 3-5 tonnes of compacted waste, depending on materials.
Using twin cross-over cylinders for a small footprint, the AS can be used to compact any kind of compactable materials, eg. residual waste, moist waste, commercial waste and organic waste.
A stable double sided guide prevents the compaction ram from tilting and/or tipping. Small gaps between the compaction ram and the side walls and the swinging steel stripper in front of the compaction ram ensure that cleaning works in the compaction chamber are hardly necessary.
With container sizes ranging from 6 to 15 m3, the AS portable compactor offers high performance, small footprint and low maintenance.
Requiring no permanent fixings, the AS can be sited on tarmac, block-paving, rough ground etc. The AS-G model has optional clean line container sides suitable for logos and branding.
The oscillating steel scrapers and maintenance-free, fully guided press head reduce wear problems, waste build up and cleaning, therefore reducing labour, breakdowns and repair costs.
As standard, all AS compactors have:
- A press force of 30 tonnes
- A fast 45 second cycle time
- A very quiet running hydraulic pump
- Filling level warnings (75% and/or 100%)
- High quality steel compaction chamber floor
- Surface lacquered finish (including corrosion Protection Class C 3)
- Continuously welded seams (which prevent corrosion)
- Pressure monitoring manometer with shut-off valve
- CEE plug with integrated phase change & main switch
- Time relay for controlling the runtime of the compactor
- Declaration of conformity & documentation
- CE and GS approved
They are offered with a choice of side or top hung rear door and optional rubber seals to prevent leaks.