Ludden & Mennekes’ APK range of sealed portable compactors are high quality German built machines, designed for sites with medium to large volumes of waste.
When full, they are collected by skiplift lorries for transport to disposal, typically holding 4 to 5 tonnes, depending on materials.
Using a self-cleaning pendulum ram, the APK is specifically designed to compact wet, food, organic, and offensive waste.
With container sizes ranging from 6-14m3 , the APK portable compactor is a slightly smaller option than the RPK. However, the APK still offers the same high performance, small footprint and low maintenance.
As it does not require any permanent fixings, the APK can be sited on tarmac, block paving, rough ground, etc.
Its design completely avoids any possibility of waste and liquids building up behind the ram, which entirely removes the need for unpleasant cleaning and lowers the risk of expensive breakdowns and repairs.
As standard, all APK compactors have:
- A press force of 37 tonnes
- A fast 42 second cycle time
- A very quiet running hydraulic pump
- Filling level warnings (75% and/or 100%)
- High quality steel compaction chamber floor
- Surface lacquered finish (including corrosion Protection Class C 3)
- Continuously welded seams = prevents corrosion
- Integrated hydraulic unit located in the top front part of the container
- Pressure monitoring manometer with shut-off valve
- CEE plug with integrated phase change & main switch
- Time relay for controlling the runtime of the compactor
- Declaration of conformity & documentation
- CE and GS approved.
They are offered with a choice of side or top hung rear door, rubber seals to prevent leaks and optional liquid drain-off valves.